Saturday 5 August 2023

New single: RoryStoneLove/Black Dub presents Aleighcia Scott - "In My Shoes"

 

RoryStoneLove/Black Dub Music

proudly presents

IN MY SHOES

ALEIGHCIA SCOTT

Release Date: 4 AUGUST 2023


Digital Single


Public Pre-Save / Stream link: https://ffm.to/inmyshoes

“I had to make it as authentic as possible by recording in Jamaica and the UK, I had to use strange places to get that crazy sound that they had back then”  - RoryStoneLove



REGGAE SONGSTRESS ALEIGHCIA SCOTT GOES SKA ON HER NEW SINGLE IN MY SHOES

The third single from her forthcoming album with RoryStoneLove, Windrush Baby.  Welsh-Jamaican singer Aleighcia Scott goes back to the roots of her music with new single In My Shoes.

Produced by sound system legend RoryStoneLove, In My Shoes is a bouncy, horn-driven reflection on irresistible attraction – that recalls the ska-to-rocksteady transition of the early to mid-1960s. It’s particularly fitting as the third single from Aleighcia and Rory’s exciting, imminent album Windrush Baby, because it pays tribute to the music that soundtracked Britain’s first Caribbean communities’ lives.

Aleighcia Scott, Rory Stonelove, In My Shoes
 

"I absolutely loved working on this song” says Cardiff-born Aleighcia of the new single. 

“I love ska and it’s important to give honour to the elements that were instrumental to creating reggae. 

Performing this one live is electric!"

- Aleighcia Scott

Rory Stonelove / Black Dub
 

“The album Windrush Baby reflects what my childhood was like growing up in south London.  I was listening to music that sound systems would play at my mum’s parties and my sister’s. I have tried my best to recreate that period.”

- RoryStoneLove

Windrush Baby is a lovingly sculpted, deeply personal project that celebrates the JA-to-UK heritage of both Aleighcia and Rory, taking a musical journey from the blues dances and shubeens of Cardiff and London to the modern age.

Windrush Baby (album cover) 

The album’s title and striking cover art reference the arrival of Caribbean culture in Britain, via the Empire Windrush ship, 75 years ago.

Fans of Aleighcia’s live shows will be pleased to know that she has been awarded a PRS Power Up Grant to promote her album on the road. Expect to see her performing her new material very soon.

In My Shoes is out on August 4th, accompanied by a Reggaeville.com Video Premiere. 

The confirmed release date for the Windrush Baby album is September 1st.

LINKS & SOCIALS

No comments:

Post a Comment