CREATORS DAVID DOBRIK, EMMA CHAMBERLAIN, AND JAMES CHARLES LEAD WITH FIVE NOMINATIONS EACH; MRBEAST FOLLOWS WITH FOUR NOMINATIONS
FIRST TIME NOMINEES INCLUDE SARAH COOPER, CHARLI D’AMELIO, JOSH GAD, FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA AND TRAVIS SCOTT’S FORTNITE MUSIC EVENT “ASTRONOMICAL”
The nominees for the “2020 YouTube Streamy Awards,” announced (October 21, 2020) by dick clark productions (dcp) and Tubefilter, include those who found new ways to entertain audiences (D-Nice’s “Club Quarantine”), global celebrities earning their first nomination (Justin Bieber), rising stars with millions of followers (Addison Rae) and brands that put inclusivity first (Fenty Beauty by Rihanna). The event will stream exclusively on YouTube on Sunday, (December 13, 2020) at YouTube.com/Streamys.
This year’s Streamys will feature new honors in which past winners will craft unique and personal tributes to creators whose work has resonated with them personally. Other creators will be recognized for making impactful contributions throughout 2020 by pushing limits, inspiring connection in a year of isolation and influencing creative works and diverse voices across race, gender and culture.
2020 will also mark the Streamys 10th anniversary. This year’s nominations highlights include:
- David Dobrik, Emma Chamberlain and James Charles lead with five nominations each.
- Notable nominees who embraced fresh ways to educate, entertain and engage audiences during this year’s stay-at-home order include D-Nice’s “Club Quarantine,” John Krasinski’s “Some Good News,” the epic “Verzuz” battles, Miley Cyrus’ live series “Bright Minded,” Kevin James’ comedy channel, and “YouTube Dear Class of 2020.”
- Digital creators Addison Rae, Charli D’Amelio, Dream, Spencer X and ZHC received nominations in the Breakout Creator category, which has become a strong indicator of success in the online creator world. Past winners include creator superstars Emma Chamberlain, David Dobrik, Liza Koshy and MrBeast.
- Global celebrities earned nominations across categories including supermodel Naomi Campbell, Will Smith, comedians Jack Black and Kevin James, soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo, and music artists Cardi B, Jason Derulo, Justin Bieber, Travis Scott and Post Malone.
- As collab houses made a statement in 2020, The Hype House and Sway LA earned their first nominations and will go head-to-head for the Collaboration award.
The “2020 YouTube Streamy Awards” is executive produced by dick clark productions’ Ariel Elazar, Rika Camizianos, Alexi Mazareas and Michael Nieporent as well as Streamy Awards founders, Drew Baldwin and Joshua Cohen.
NOMINEES FULL LIST HERE: https://bit.ly/34rvCY1
About the Streamy Awards
The Streamy Awards® honors excellence in online video and the creators behind it in over forty awards categories. Marking its 10th anniversary in 2020, the annual event is the foremost recognition by which online creators and their work is lauded. The Streamy Awards® is produced by dick clark productions and Tubefilter and is exclusively broadcast by YouTube.
In 2017, the Streamy Awards’ Social Good Awards were created to honor individuals and organizations who use online video and social media to amplify their message, and foster engagement and participation to make a greater, more meaningful impact. The Streamy Brand Awards, launched in 2018, spotlights brand advertising innovation, the creative individuals behind it, and the new wave of celebrities who are helping brands deliver their message.
For additional information, visit www.streamys.org
About dick clark productions
dick clark productions (dcp) is the world’s largest producer and proprietor of televised live event entertainment programming with the “Academy of Country Music Awards,” “American Music Awards,” “Billboard Music Awards,” “Golden Globe Awards,” “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest” and the “Streamy Awards.” Weekly television programming includes “So You Think You Can Dance” from 19 Entertainment and dcp. dcp also owns one of the worldThrough ’s most extensive and unique entertainment archive libraries with more than 60 years of award-winning shows, historic programs, specials, performances and legendary programming. dcp is part of MRC Live & Alternative, a division of diversified global entertainment company MRC. For additional information, visit www.mrcentertainment.com
Tubefilter is the most trusted and widely read source for YouTube and online video news, analysis, and events. its trade news and analysis, community events, and creator advocacy programs, Tubefilter has helped to foster the growth, promotion, and legitimization of a new, independent professional entertainment industry. Tubefilter properties include its flagship publication, Tubefilter News, the Tubefilter Charts, its popular YouTube Millionaires series, the Creator News weekly show on YouTube, and the Streamy Awards. For additional information, visit www.tubefilter.com
Launched in May 2005, YouTube’s mission is to give everyone a voice and show them the world. We believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share and build community through our stories. YouTube is a Google company.